Reports to: Director of Finance & Special Projects
Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Finance & Special Projects, this role is responsible for receiving, processing, and verifying invoices related to accounts payables. They also track purchase orders and process payments to suppliers and assist/process numerous account reconciliations.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Receive, verify, classify, code and process supplier invoices, match purchase orders, supplier payments, account reconciliation, verification of vendor pricing, charges and shipped items, identify and resolve discrepancies and follow up for credit notes.
- Reconcile vendor statements in a timely and efficient manner and maintain regular communication with vendors.
- Generate A/P aging reports and issue payments based on due dates and vendor credit limits; ensuring vendors are paid accurately and in a timely manner. Create and submit payment remittances to vendors. Collaboration with the Director of Finance on payment processes.
- Monthly credit card and fleet maintenance/fuel card data entry & reconciliations.
- Timely payment of utility billings, internal expense reports and other transactions; ensure proper allocation to work orders and job costs.
- Maintain and update vendor records within the accounting & scheduling software.
- Weekly timesheet entry and payroll verification ensuring accurate job costing.
- Assist and guide team members to ensure paperwork is submitted as detailed in the applicable procedure, and in a time-sensitive manner.
- Ensure that financial records and accounting activities are accurate and that serious discrepancies are reported immediately.
- Provide support and assistance to the Accounting team as required.
- Support and train team members at all branches on accounting issues, procedures and systems particular to this position.
- Assist and work effectively and cooperatively with the senior management team and division managers.
- Assist with office administration activities, including answering phones.
- Minimum education requirement: Grade 12 graduate
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent training and experience an asset
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting
- Experience in construction and service-based industries is an asset
- Possess strong computer and technology (IT) related skills, including advanced Excel and experience working within QuickBooks, and have the ability to learn new programs quickly
- Detail-oriented and focused on accuracy for accounting activities
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines effectively
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Flexible and able to adapt easily to rapid changes within the business operation
- Present a professional image, attitude & behaviours when dealing with customers, suppliers, other service providers and team members
- Excellent command of the English language and effective verbal and written communication skills required
This a 15-month term position with the potential to lead to full-time, permanent employment.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.