Reports to: Regional Manager
Imagine joining an organization where you are considered family. Imagine joining an organization dedicated to the noble purpose of saving lives. Imagine joining a team of professionals that work hard & play hard. Imagine joining an organization that is just as committed to your professional development as your personal development. For over 20 years, we have hired great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Our team motto is: We Win Together! Come join a team with a proven track record of winning together while growing together collaboratively with one singular mission: Everyone’s Safety Is Non-Negotiable.
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, this role is responsible for inspections, installations and repairs to pre-engineered mining vehicle fire suppression systems, industrial fire suppression systems and portable fire extinguishers as required by local, mining and national fire codes. This role will also entail cross-selling or upselling of other Bison company products and services where appropriate to promote customer retention and high quality customer services. This role will work closely with the Coordinator and Regional Manager and will be required to travel and spend a week at a time underground, working in a mine.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Perform and complete service orders for inspections, installations, repairs and product sales as scheduled and/or assigned by the Coordinator and/or Regional Manager in a time sensitive manner.
- Advises Coordinator and/or Regional Manager of any unexpected changes in assigned work order schedule based on customer needs and/or parts or service issues.
- Inspect and test fire equipment to ensure that it is functioning as designed.
- Provide daily feedback to Service Coordinator on the status and outcome of all assigned service orders and inspections and any additional service work to be scheduled as a result.
- The successful candidate shall be trained for all pertinent product certifications and safety requirements.
Knowledge, Skill & Education Requirements:
- Minimum education requirement: Grade 12 graduate.
- Additional education and/or training from a technical college program is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of current local and national fire codes is an asset.
- Willing to obtain additional training and education to keep current on industry changes, new products and processes and other relevant information.
- Must have and maintain a valid Manitoba Drivers’ License and clean driving abstract.
- Priority will be given to applicants with prior mine and/or fire suppression experience.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.